From: "Beata Panagopoulos" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 5:17pm
To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [Eril-l] SEARCH EXTENDED: Electronic Resources Librarian, Sawyer Library, Suffolk University, Boston, MA
ELECTRONIC RESOURCES LIBRARIAN, SAWYER LIBRARY
Apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o5t84fwu&s=Library_Listservs
About Suffolk University
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together. Suffolk is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community.
Suffolk University is seeking qualified candidates to consider for the Electronic Resources Librarian position. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, Technical Services, the Electronic Resources Librarian provides leadership in the acquisition, evaluation, management, and promotion of a wide range of continuing and electronic resources including databases, journals and reference sources. S/he is responsible for integrating the electronic resources, where appropriate, with the link resolver and discovery layer software. S/he takes the lead in resolving access problems for electronic content and trains other staff members in resolving problems as appropriate. Leads the Sawyer Library’s effective use of emerging technologies by: 1) evaluating the suitability of emerging technologies for supporting Sawyer Library services; 2) develops and maintain widgets, apps and other products that extend the reach of library resources and services across technology platforms; 3) supports technology-based library outreach to the Suffolk University community; 4) assesses the effectiveness of technology-based library services; develops library staff awareness of new and emerging technologies.
ELECTRONIC RESOURCES & ACCESS
· Primary administrator of the Sierra Integrated Library System.
· Provides leadership for the strategic development and management of electronic resources. Coordinates all activities associated with the management of the Library's electronic resources including acquisitions, licensing, access, and evaluation of electronic resources.
· Communicates daily with external service providers, including publishers, vendors, consortia, content providers, and technology suppliers. Collaborates internally with library staff in other departments and bibliographers to provide optimal access to the Library's electronic resources collection for the University community, including research on how the Sawyer Library might optimize those resources for discoverability through discovery services and search engines.
· Maintains access throughout the life cycle of an electronic resource subscription or purchase, including:
· Handling the acquisition and vendor contact of the library’s electronic resources to obtain acquisition and renewal pricing.
· Managing the maintenance of the electronic serials data in the Serials Solutions knowledge base.
· Uploading electronic book and serial records into the Sierra online catalog. .
· Providing access to research databases through the library website.
· Maintaining all entries in the library’s Web Access Management (WAM) Proxy server forward table.
· Taking the lead in resolving complex access problems with electronic content.
· Works closely with the Serials Assistant to handle subscriptions migrating from print to electronic.
· Assesses use of the library’s electronic resources through the collection and analysis of vendor-supplied and library-generated annual usage statistics.
· In collaboration with the Assistant Director for Technical Services, assists the Director in gathering data and other information related to electronic resources and other aspects of the position.
LIBRARY’S WEB PRESENCE:
· Provides innovative leadership for technology solutions in the Sawyer Library by managing the library website, identifying, implementing, and evaluating current and emerging technologies for the effective delivery of library services. Maintains and creates content for the library website for desktop and mobile platforms; ensuring the library website is in compliance with style, accessibility and security policies and standards.
· Communicates the library’s web needs with the offices of Web Services and the Office of Marketing & Communication.
· Administers the library’s subscriptions to LibGuides and LibAnswers, and LibCal.
· In conjunction with Reference Services, provides supplementary administration to the library’s social media presence on Facebook, Blogger, and Twitter.
SUPPORT FOR THE ILS
· Chairs the joint Law-Sawyer Sierra Administration Committee to implement changes to the online library system.
· In conjunction with the Assistant Director for Technical Services, acts as the support contact for all Suffolk’s libraries.
· Uses the library system to generate reports on demand for staff members, including new books and vendor-specific acquisitions.
· Trains staff from all libraries on the functions of the online library system.
· Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and their potential application within the library.
· Offers training to students and library staff for library technology.
· In conjunction with the IT desktop specialist, makes recommendations for technology purchases within the library.
· Makes recommendations for software purchases to meet the library’s specific needs, including those regarding assessment, instructional technology, and room booking.
· Committee Participation - Serves on library committees and represents the library on university-wide committees relating to technology, as appropriate.
· Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program, or equivalent.
· 5 years or more of post MLS experience
· Thorough understanding of continuing and integrating resources, including awareness of issues concerning vendors, packages, aggregators, platforms, licensing, pricing models, and financial and statistical management needs.
· Experience working with electronic resources and serials in an academic library.
· Ability to communicate and work well with colleagues on what is increasingly an inter-departmental initiative, understanding variant perspectives on shared work.
· Understanding of database issues, and the interoperability needs to support Sierra and related as well as future products and services.
· Ability to develop projects, including training, quality control, and follow-up.
· Working knowledge of technical environments, especially those related to proxy servers and link resolvers, as well as familiarity with emerging electronic resources standards such as ONIX, SUSHI, COUNTER, and SERU.
· Experience with Microsoft Office software
· Understanding of cataloging standards and MARC 21 format
WORKING AT SUFFOLK
Suffolk University is actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LBGTQ status.
See yourself here with our terrific benefits package. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
· Harvard Pilgrim medical/Delta Dental at low employee costs
· Retirement options including both Standard Retirement Plan (SRP) and Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity (VTDAP). The University contributes 9% to your SRP when you contribute 5% after eligibility guidelines have been met.
· All employees and faculty members who are at least half-time are eligible for the tuition free course benefit in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School. There are additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children.
· Generous time-off program. Vacation accrues monthly. Vacation for part-time employees is pro-rated based on the employees’ regularly scheduled hours. Additional holidays are announced each year and are separate from the employee’s vacation allowance.
· Pre-tax commuter benefit
· Discounted home and auto insurance
Suffolk University conducts background checks as a contingent offer of employment for all positions. Suffolk University requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude candidates from being hired.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter for the position in which you are applying to.
Click here to APPLY: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o5t84fwu&s=Library_Listservs
To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link: