New Revision of Anglo-American Cataloging Rules to Publish in September 2002 Kirsten Ahlen
07 Aug 2002 20:07 UTC
Please excuse the cross-posting.
NEW REVISION OF ANGLO-AMERICAN CATALOGING RULES TO PUBLISH IN SEPTEMBER
CHICAGO---August 6, 2002---The Canadian Library Association, the
Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals, and the
American Library Association will publish the 2002 Revision of
ANGLO-AMERICAN CATALOGUING RULES, SECOND EDITION in September 2002.
Major changes in both content and format will make the release of the
2002 Revision momentous.
WHAT'S NEW IN 2002?
* Fully integrated 1999 and 2001 Amendments and revisions approved and
finalized through 2002
* More than 100 substantive changes throughout the text and completely
* Three completely revised and updated chapters (Cartographic
Materials, Electronic Resources, Continuing Resources)
* A more user-friend format with 8.5" X 11" looseleaf pages that fit a
standard 3-ring binder
* Separately numbered chapters for easy integration of future updates
* A brand new text design that clearly distinguishes the rules from the
With annual updates that will easily integrate into this brand new,
streamlined format, AACR2-2002 is an up-to-the-minute, forward-looking
revision that will equip you to catalog any type of resource, print or
electronic. For more details, see the attached flyer/order form at
www.ala.org/alcts/publications/new/aacr2.pdf. To order in the United
States and its territories or to learn about receiving AACR2 updates
each year on standing order, please call toll-free 1-866-746-7252.