Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

Re: Combining Materials Acquisition & Cataloging Departments Blake, Julie C. 12 Aug 2005 12:05 UTC

We call ours Collection Management (or Collections for short), with Acquisitions/Processing on one end of the room and Cataloging on the other. The Acq/Processing and Cataloging names are for our internal use; the rest of the building knows us as Collections or Collection Management and would never know the difference between the areas or even what we do at all if we didn't tell 'em. :)

This is new with a move into this building 5 years ago, I understand, but it works very well.



From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum on behalf of Guerin, Evelyn M
Sent: Thu 8/11/2005 3:27 PM
Subject: [SERIALST] Combining Materials Acquisition & Cataloging Departments

We are in the process of literally knocking down the walls and combining the Materials Acquisition and Cataloging departments and making one department.

What are some of the names that some of you are using to call this combined department?

Right now, we're using Technical Services, but we would like to use something else.

Until the mess is over and they move my desk, I'm still using my old name--Acquisitions!


University of Texas at Dallas
McDermott Library
Materials Acquisition/Evelyn Guerin
2601 N. Floyd Road
Richardson, TX  75080