Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:33:11 -0400
From: "Clay, Genevieve" <Genevieve.Clay@EKU.EDU>
Subject: Position Available-Serials/Elec.Res.Cataloger (Eastern Ky. Univ.)
SERIALS AND ELECTRONIC RESOURCES CATALOGER
Eastern Kentucky University is seeking a flexible, innovative librarian to
catalog serials and electronic resources. Reporting to the Coordinator of
Systems and Technical Services, the serials cataloger will function as a
consultant to the Cataloging Team and will assume responsibility for the
planning, development, implementation and evolution of sensible and
effective policies and procedures for cataloging and linking serials in all
formats. The successful candidate will have experience training support
staff and working in a collaborative environment.
* Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited
* Experience with all aspects of serials and electronic
resources cataloging required, (including authority control), as well as
* Demonstrated ability to design and manage a program for
maintaining electronic links between the online catalog and other electronic
resources and services
* Familiarity with original cataloging of monographs and media
* Experience with online utilities and automated library
systems necessary. EKU is a Voyager site.
* Demonstrated commitment to excellence in service
* Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as
collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication
skills, initiative and flexibility
* Opportunity for faculty collaboration
This is a 12-month, non-tenured faculty position with the rank of Assistant
or Associate University Librarian. Benefits include 20 days of paid leave
plus 15 paid holidays, sick leave and family health care plans, retirement,
life insurance, and tuition waivers. Salary is very competitive and
dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Send letter of application, resume, and names, addresses, phone numbers, and
email addresses of three professional references to Ms. Lee Van Orsdel, Dean
of Libraries, Eastern Kentucky University, 521 Lancaster Ave., Richmond, KY
40475-3102. Review of applications will begin in late August and will
continue until the position is filled.
Eastern Kentucky University is an EEO, AA, ADA employer.