Serials / Subscriptions : Position in Corporate Research Library in Los Angeles, CA Keith Gurtzweiler 05 Jun 2006 23:56 UTC
Library Associates is seeking a Library Assistant for an international
corporation's Research Library located in downtown Los Angeles. This is
a full-time regular position. This position will be involved with
serials, subscriptions and book services area, among other areas.
* Sort mail and distribute;
* Check-in, route and file periodicals & newspapers;
* Scan and mail table of contents to subscribers;
* Copy and distribute articles;
* Contact publishers for missing issues;
* Obtain sample copy of publications upon request;
* Distribute monthly S&P stock and bond guides;
* Straighten serial shelves;
* Run claim report in SydneyPlus;
* Update claim records;
* Check out periodicals to associates.
1. Experience with receipt, check-in and routing of library periodical
and other serial publications;
2. Previous library experience, especially with serials highly
3. Investigating missing issues;
4. Sorting and distributing mail;
5. Solid computer and keyboard skills: software (Work, Lotus, Acrobat),
Internet searching, online library systems;
6. Familiarity with SydneyPlus desirable;
7. Acquainted with using conventional office equipment (copier, digital
8. Skilled in alphabetical and numeric filing;
9. Excellent interpersonal skills;
10. Strong attention to detail;
11. Ability to work in team environment;
12. Ability to follow written and oral instruction;
13. Physical demands: bending, climbing, lifting & carrying.
* Please apply online using our online registration form, which is
accessible from the Jobs page from our website,
www.LibraryAssociates.com <http://www.libraryassociates.com/> .
* For questions, please e-mail Patty De Anda, Recruiting Assistant,
* Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please
e-mail the sender.