*Call for Nominations - Ulrich's Serials Librarianship Award*
Presented by the ALCTS Continuing Resources Section, the Ulrich's
Serials Librarianship Award consists of a citation and $1,500,
generously donated by ProQuest. The deadline for nominations is
December 1, 2008.
The award is presented to an individual who has made distinguished and
ongoing contributions to serials librarianship, including but not
- Demonstrated leadership in the serials community
- Significant contributions to the work of professional associations or
to library education programs
- Scholarship that has had a significant impact on the profession
- Research that advances the theory or practice of serials librarianship
- Development of tools or methods that enhance the accessibility or
usability of serial publications
- Other advances that lead to a better understanding of the field of
Nomination packets should include a letter of nomination; three to five
letters of support; the nominee's resume; examples (no more than three)
of the nominee's publications or other relevant documents.
Self-nominations are welcome.
Please send nomination packets to Adolfo R. Tarango, chair, Ulrich's
The deadline for nominations is December 1, 2008.
Serial Records Section
National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike
BLDG 38, RM B1W10
Bethesda, MD 20894