Deadline for nominations is February 4, 2009:
New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Executive Board is
seeking nominations for its annual NETSL Award for Excellence in Library
The NETSL Award recognizes and honors significant New England-based
contributions to the field of library technical services. Contributions
may have been made in New England by librarians from throughout the
United States, or nationally by librarians residing in New England,
through publications, service, or innovations in practice. The NETSL
Executive Board members select a recipient at their February meeting
based on nominations received. The Board reserves the right to suspend
the Award for a year if no suitable candidate is nominated.
The next NETSL Award will be presented at the annual
NETSL Spring Conference, April 17, 2009, at College of the Holy Cross in
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
* Nominees may be NETSL/NELA members, but membership in the
Association is not a requirement.
* A nomination must be accompanied by a written statement that
includes the rationale for nomination and, if a resume of the nominee is
not appended, a narrative summary of the nominee's career and
achievements. Provision of a resume is strongly recommended.
* Nominations may be made by NETSL members, or by non-members.
* Nominations and statement(s) must be received by the NETSL
Vice-President no later than Wednesday, February 4, 2009.
* Current members of the NETSL Executive Board are not eligible
Nominees shall have made contributions to library technical services in
one or more of the following areas:
(1) Leadership in professional associations at local, state, regional
or national level
(2) Contributions or innovations in technical services
(3) Significant contributions to professional literature
(4) Conduct of studies or research in technical services
Past Recipients include:
Lynda Kresge, Birdie MacLennan, Dr. Sheila Intner, Robert L. Cunningham,
Matthew Beacom, Catherine Willis, Lisa Palmer, and David Miller.
Please send nominations and inquiries to:
Minuteman Library Network
10 Strathmore Rd.
Natick, MA 01760
NETSL is a section of the New England Library Association and is
affiliated with the ALCTS Council of Regional Groups. For more
information on NETSL, visit our website at: