Reminder - Second Call for Proposals and Ideas North for NASIG 25th Annual Conference publicist 02 Nov 2009 20:03 UTC
For more information, contact the NASIG Publicist at
There is still time to submit proposals and ideas for the
NASIG 2010 Conference before the call closes this Friday,
Inquiries may be sent to the PPC co-chairs, Morag Boyd and
Anne Mitchell at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
North American Serials Interest Group 25th Annual Conference
An Oasis in Shifting Sands: NASIG at 25 June 3-6, 2010
Palm Springs, California
The 2010 Program Planning Committee (PPC) invites proposals
and/or program ideas for pre-conference, vision, strategy,
and tactics sessions. The Program Planners are interested in
hearing from publishers, vendors, librarians, and others in
the field of serials and electronic resources about issues
relating to scholarly communication, publishing, licensing,
Please keep in mind the following:
* The Program Planning Committee will review all submitted
proposals for their content and timeliness.
* PPC may work with potential presenters to blend or refocus
proposals to maximize their relevance to attendees and avoid
* Proposals based on descriptive and experimental research
findings are encouraged.
* Time management issues generally limit each session to two
speakers. Panels of four (4) or more speakers must be
discussed in advance with the PPC (email@example.com)
* Proposals may be suggested as one type of session and/or
format and ultimately be accepted as any one of the other
types of sessions or formats; this decision is the purview
of the Program Planning Committee.
* Vision and Strategy speakers presenting original content
are required to produce a written paper for the conference
* NASIG has a reimbursement policy for conference speakers
whose organizations do not cover expenses. Details about
reimbursement are available on the NASIG website.
* The Program Planning Committee hopes to notify applicants
of the status of their proposals in December 2009.
To propose a program or idea or for more information, please
use the online form:
We look forward to seeing you in Palm Springs!
- Morag Boyd and Anne Mitchell NASIG PPC Co-Chairs
Head, Special Collections Cataloging
The Ohio State University Libraries
For more information about NASIG, see:
Marilyn M. Carney
Publicist, NASIG, Inc.