Reminder UKSG webinar 26 October - "Making scholarly communication great again. Do IRs still have a role?" Maria Campbell
20 Oct 2016 11:41 UTC
We are still accepting registrations for next week's free UKSG webinar marking International Open Access Week: "Making scholarly communication great again. Do institutional repositories still have a role?"
Wednesday 26 October 2016 at 1500 BST (British Summer Time)
For more information and to register, please visit http://www.uksg.org/webinars/institutionalrepositoriesandopenaccess
Aaron Tay, Library analytics manager, Singapore Management University
- awareness of the debates on the varying roles and purposes of institutional repositories
- familiarity with the weaknesses & strengths of the institutional repository vs more centralised repositories like discipline repositories and social research networks e.g. ResearchGate/academia.edu
We welcome your questions during registration to help shape the webinar's content. For instance, "Is there a better option than shared repositories for small research bodies who need to promote visibility of research to funders?".
UKSG webinars are:
- Recorded and the link to the recording provided to all active registrations (so please do not cancel your registration if you find you are subsequently unable to attend the live event)
- Open to all (you do not need to be a member of UKSG to register)
- Shared among colleagues throughout the world (feel free to pass on this message)
NOTES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
These are available at http://www.uksg.org/webinars/institutionalrepositoriesandopenaccess
(Useful guidelines especially for those new to webinars or joining from an institution.)
If you have particular accessibility needs, please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you next Wednesday or hearing from you via #UKSGwebinar.
Digital Communications Associate, UKSG
UKSG on Twitter: @UKSG
UKSG webinars: www.uksg.org/webinars and #UKSGwebinar
'UKSG Events' app: In the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or online at https://events.crowdcompass.com/uksgevents
To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list:
write to: mailto:SERIALST-SIGNOFF-REQUEST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
or click the following link: