Please excuse multiple postings.
SAMUEL LAZEROW FELLOWSHP
FOR RESEARCH IN ACQUISITIONS OR TECHNICAL SERVICES
IN AN ACADEMIC OR RESEARCH LIBRARY
This award fosters advances in acquisitions or technical
services by providing fellowships to librarians for travel or
writing in those fields. Research projects in collection
development or the compilation of bibliographies will not be
supported by this fellowship.
Award: $1000 cash and a citation donated by the Institute for
Deadline: December 1, 1994.
Criteria: The proposals will be judged with an emphasis on the
1. Potential significance of the project to acquisitions or
technical services work.
2. Originality and creativity.
3. Clarity and completeness of the proposal.
4. Evidence of an interest in scholarship (previous
Applicants should submit a brief proposal (no more than five
pages), double-spaced, which includes the following:
1. Description of research, travel, or writing project.
2. Schedule for project.
3. Estimate of expenses (e.g., travel, faxing, data analysis,
computer time, photocopying)
4. Up-to-date curriculum vitae.
Recipients of the fellowship are required to submit a report
of their research results to ACRL for possible publication in C&RL
To apply, send eight (8) copies of the proposal by December 1,
Samuel Lazerow Fellowship
c/o Julia Gammon
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1708
If you have questions or need help in compiling a nomination,
please contact Ms. Gammon at (216) 972-6254, or JGAMMON@UAKRON.EDU.