Licensing Review and Negotiation
ARL/OLMS Online Lyceum Course
February 3-March 7, 2003
The Association of Research Libraries is pleased to offer the Online
Lyceum course, Licensing Review and Negotiation. Licensing Review and
Negotiation is a five-week course in which you will:
* Gain an understanding of the legal environment that affects the
licensing of electronic information products.
* Explore the roles and needs of the various licensing
stakeholders--from user to library to licensor.
* Become familiar with typical electronic product license terms and
conditions and what they really mean.
* Learn to avoid risk for your institution, library, users, and yourself.
* Learn how to make the license negotiation go smoothly.
* Learn the basics of managing your executed license.
* Develop a toolkit of materials to bring to your real-world licensing work.
Acquisitions and electronic resource librarians, bibliographers, and
anyone involved in license review and negotiation will benefit from this
ARL/OLMS Online Lyceum Quality Assurance
Registration levels for Online Lyceum course offerings are capped at 30
to ensure that participants receive thoughtful feedback from expert
facilitators and timely technical support. Courses are designed by
content experts and focus on the most important issues and trends in
librarianship. Learning tools include case studies, personal learning
journals, and chat sessions with facilitators and other registered participants.
Detailed course information and online registration for the course is
immediately available at <http://www.arl.org/training/licensing.html>.
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 24, 2003
$500 for ARL members/$550 for nonmembers
For more information about this or other ARL/OLMS Online Lyceum courses,
please visit our website at: <http://www.arl.org/training/lyceum.html>
or contact Karen A. Wetzel, ARL Program Officer for Distance Learning by
phone at 202-296-8656 or via e-mail at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Karen A. Wetzel
Program Officer for Distance Learning
Association of Research Libraries
21 Dupont Circle, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036