Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

Re: Mending Broken Microfilm (3 messages) Ann Ercelawn 22 Feb 1996 15:27 UTC

3 messages:

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 19:52:06 -0500
From: Modest Iwasiw <IWASIW@SHRSYS.HSLC.ORG>
Subject: Re: Mending Broken Microfilm (Jane Wang)

Hudson Photographic Industries, Inc. makes a product called "quik splice."
The dispenser pack I have contains 100 35mm-wide pieces mounted on a roll
of paper backing from which one removes the individual tapes.  The stock
number on the package reads T35MF-DP, and the package address is:

                  Hudson Photographic Industries, Inc.
                     Irvington-on-Hudson, New York, 10533

I have found it to be an excellent product for splicing microfilm.

Modest Iwasiw
Free Library of Philadelphia


Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 07:06:22 -0500
From: Bill Benson <bensonwo@WL.WPAFB.AF.MIL>
Subject: Re: Mending Broken Microfilm

We use Kodak Presstapes to mend broken microfilm.  These packages of small
strips can be found at any camera store.  This is not their original
purpose but with a little trimming they work fine. Their advantage is that
they are readily available and they are small (1 3/4 inches long) so are
easy to work with.

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- ---
Bill Benson, Serials Librarian         E-mail:

Wright Laboratory Technical Library, WL/DORT, Bldg. 22, Area B
2690 C St, Ste. 4, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7411

Tel: (513) 255-6750                   Fax: (513) 476-4826
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 09:06:37 -0500
From: Cheng-Yee Wang <WANGC1@UOFS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Mending broken microfilm [via LSMTP - see]

Thanks to all who kindly spent time to reply to my question.  I
have decided to buy the splicing tape from UMI.

Jane Wang
University of Scranton