Two of the most popular reasons that our customers use Simplelists are as a listserve and for email marketing. However, these are not the only things you can use it for. We have designed Simplelists to be flexible so that you can complete a range of tasks. Here are some of the key ones.
Managing your email list
You can upload your email list members to Simplelists in bulk, directly from a file. If you have a lot of list members, this saves you time as you can export the list details to a file and upload it in seconds.
You can also download your list. We recognise that your email list is your property and we make it really easy for you to generate a copy of your email list. You can download your whole list of members into a file that can be opened in a spreadsheet.
It is very easy to set posting permissions in Simplelists. This means that you can select who can send emails to your list. You might choose to enable this for all members, select some members, or make yourself the sole person with the permission to post to the list.
You can also moderate messages that are due to be sent to your list. You have several options: no moderation required (messages are sent straight to the members of your list), hold all messages for approval, or allow specific members to post without needing your approval first.
You might want to manage replies as well - you can select whether email replies are sent to everyone on the list or only to the person who sent the original email.
Setting posting restrictions can be useful if you permit other members to send emails to your list. This would ensure they don’t send very large emails, for example. You can set a maximum email size (in kB), remove attachments, strip HTML formatting and/or truncate messages to a specified maximum number of characters.
Finally, you may or may not want to allow your list members to see who else is on the list. Again, you have options - you can allow members to view all names and emails, allow them to see names only, or remove the ability to see names or emails.
Customise your emails
With Simplelists, it is very easy to customise your emails by including a personalised footer and a subject prefix. You can include HTML in the footer so your members can see graphics or logos. Or, you can use HTML throughout the email for complete customisation. You can also personalise your emails by inserting each recipient’s name at the start.
You can archive all your emails. When you activate this feature, all emails will be stored on a custom website so that you can access them in the future. You can set a password for the archive, if you wish.
Simplelists is designed to be quick, easy and simple to use. It also has a selection of powerful features for users who want more from their email management software. People who sign up to Simplelists do so for many reasons. They may want a way to manage group email discussions, use email for marketing purposes, or send regular updates and other information to list members. We are often asked what Simplelists can do, so this short post is a reminder of our features.
- Add members to your list You can add members to your list in bulk from a spreadsheet or .csv file. You can also easily download your list members’ email addresses to a spreadsheet.
- Set posting permissions You can select who can send emails to your list. This can be: all members, selected members or just yourself.
- Manage replies You can decide whether replies are sent to the whole list or just to the person who sent the original email.
Customise your emails
- Moderate messages You can choose to hold messages for approval before they are sent to your list
- Restrict email size You can limit the size of emails, strip attachments from emails, and more.
- Control list viewing You can keep members’ names and email addresses hidden or let them be seen by other members.
- Add a personalised footer You can do this to personalise your email and include information about you or your company/group.
- Include HTML You can include HTML in your emails, enabling you to customise your emails.
- Include members’ names You can personalise your emails by automatically adding members’ names at the start of an email.
- Archive emails You can archive all emails - they can be accessed from a custom website at any time.
- Daily digest summaries These can be useful for busy lists. Instead of receiving emails when they are posted, members receive one email every 24 hours.
Integrate with websites
- Set subscribe and unsubscribe options You can choose whether new members can join your list, and whether this requires approval.
- Add a subscription form You can add a subscribe form to your website. It is fully customisable, so you can change it to match your website perfectly.
Automated list management
- Brand your landing pages On all landing pages you can replace the Simplelists heading with your own logo or branding.
- Synchronise your account with websites An API is available, which allows you to synchronise your Simplelists account with other websites.
- Integrate emails with your domain A multiple list account can be integrated with your domain so that users receive emails from your domain, rather than Simplelists.
- Notification of bounced emails When an email to one of your members bounces, you will receive a message to let you know.
- Automatic processing of bounced email addresses List members with emails addresses that bounce emails repeatedly are automatically removed from your list, saving you time.
- Automatic spam management If a list member marks your email as spam, they will automatically be removed from the list. This ensures that repeated emails are not marked as spam, which keeps delivery rates high.